Lone Star Ag Credit recently awarded scholarships to six graduating seniors. Each student will receive a $2,500 scholarship. The recipients are Rudy Beck of Corsicana, Bailee Chavez of Gilmer, Jessica Dangelmayr of Muenster, Allie Herring and Autumn Rachui both of Franklin, and Luke Read of Temple.
This group of winners demonstrated remarkable community involvement and were also active in FFA or 4-H. Through their essays, they shared what agriculture and natural resources have meant in their lives and the role it will play in their future.
“We are thrilled to reward these well-deserving students by helping them with their next step in education,” said Joe H. Hayman, Lone Star Ag Credit chief executive officer. “We look forward to seeing what they accomplish!”
The students will all head off to college this fall:
- Rudy Beck, a graduate of Corsicana High School, will attend Texas A&M University to major in construction science.
- Bailee Chavez, a graduate of Harmony High School, will attend Texas A&M University where she will pursue a degree in nutritional sciences.
- Jessica Dangelmayr is a Muenster High School graduate who will attend Tarleton State University to major in agribusiness.
- Allie Herring, a graduate of Franklin High School, will attend Texas Tech University to major in agricultural communications and agribusiness.
- Autumn Rachui, a graduate of Franklin High School, will attend the University of Texas at Austin to major in environmental engineering.
- Luke Read is a Belton High School graduate who will attend Texas A&M University to major in agricultural and biological engineering.